Mimi asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

can hamsters have seizures?

I'm not at home right now, could that have coused it?

Favorite Answer

I think any living thing that has a brain and has some sort of trama to said brain can have seizures, so my answer is 'What is yes'. Ok, I'll take Potpurri for 1,000, Alex.

Yes, hamsters can have seizures. No, I don't think your being home or not would affect it. Perhaps if you explained the situation...? If you think your hamster is having seizures, you'll need to take it to the vet as soon as possible.

Most definately.

I have rats and have had more than one that has had a stroke or fits. Best to get it checked by the vet but there probably isn't much you can do. Sorry.

All animals can have seizures since they all have brains and nerves.

yap, they can. seizures can be due to inbreeding. stress might be able to cause it. stress can make humans and animals due some strange stuff.

yes, that is how my guinea pig died after the vet gave her a shot, and hamsters are related to guinea pigs.

• probably. mine died in a really weird way. but im not gonna say because its really gross actually.

• lol

yes, as long as they have a brain, why not.

yep all animals can

sure, any living creature can.