Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I just asked a question about washing your hair every day?

I just asked a question about washing your hair every day and if it was bad for you, so if you shampoo your hair and condition one day and the day inbetween shampooing you just condition...is this good washing routine?

Favorite Answer

I've been washing my hair everyday for several years and my hair is still intact! It's safe as long as you use a mild shampoo!

washing your hair everyday will dry it out & it also strips your hair of essential oils. Try washing every other or every two days (depending on how oils your scalp gets). If you can go longer than that without your hair looking real greasy then go for it, I only wash my hair two to three times a week.

I wouldn't just use conditioner on the day inbetween, you'll just make your hair greasy. On the days you skip washing it's better to not get the hair wet at all, wetting tends to make it greasy as well.

Source(s): I'm a cosmetologist

It depends on the type of hair you have. Daily shampooing will get the daily dirt out. However, if you don't wash your hair every other day, it should be fine, oil will just build up.

• Well washing your hair like everyday its not healthy.you should wash it like every other day,because sometimes if u wash it everyday in like a few months u will have a problem with hair loss and u dont want that.

That's what I do. Washing your hair everyday gets rid of natural oils.

i would suggest wash every other day if you want to wash it that much... if you wash everyday then ur hair is more prone to lice... be careful if you wanna go with this routine...

Why wouldn't you use shampoo and conditioner every day...?

• Sharon

Just don't use a GOB of shampoo, use spareingly, and it should be fine.