How do I remove processes from Windows XP Startup?

I want to permanently remove selected processes that I don't frequently use from automatic startup.

Favorite Answer

Select Start/Run and type in msconfig

In the general tab select "selective startup"

In the startup tab, unselect all programs you don't want.

Apply.

Voila!

• herd

XP takes up greater area. U ought to choose to be sure how considerable yourpersistent is and how massive your memory is. additionally, do a damaging affliction test. additionally close off the restore function and reboot and then turn the restore function returned on. this would increasingly greater sparkling each and all of the classic restore aspects so which you will keep memory. Set information superhighway possibilities to delete temporary information once you shut the browser. Do u have a firewall? U would desire to. My guess is that u choose greater memory. First delete any purposes u does not have. If u did an improve u ought to choose probable the main oldd ninety 8 information. If u did an entire set up instead of an improve u can delete ninety 8 until ninety 8 is needed for a number of your distinctive purposes to have the means to no longer run on xp. only suitable solid fortune.

just remove any programs listed in the startup folder which is usually located : Start>All Programs>Startup

hope this helped, good luck

Go to the control panel (it's in the start menu). Then click "Performance and Maintenance". Pick the task called "see basic information about your computer". Click the "advanced" tab, and then click the third "settings" button under "start up and recovery".

Start run type msconfig. Then you can go to start up and uncheak what you wish.

So here it is again. Go to start find run and type in "msconfig".

Need more help contact me. It should be easy once you manage to open msconfig.

• Joe P

reg edit