I'm in this awkward situation...help...?

My best friend and my closest cousin (both girls) are going out. I hate to feel weird about this but I do, it's completely awkward and confusing. I try to hide the fact that it bothers me but all they talk about is each other in disturbing ways. I don't want to ignore them. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Tell them both that hearing all of the intimate details is awkward for you and that you don't like it. If they care about you, then they'll respect your feelings.

Okay...it might be awkward for you but they like each other obviously. Just sit them both down and tell them that you are happy for them but you don't want to hear all the intimate little details. You are right in saying you shouldn't ignore them but you have to respect that they like each other, which shows that you do in the way you asked your question. They should also respect you in not talking about their relationship with one another with you becuz it makes you uncomfortable. Make sure they know it does and if they are as close to you as you say they are they will stop. Hoped I helped.

Shelbo doesn't have the right attitude about this either...sry to say. But ppl are born the way they are. They can't help what they feel. They wouldn't CHOOSE to be ridiculed and made fun of.

I think u r a bit egotist.

As both are close to u, u wan them to give importance to u first

rather showing it to each other.

This happens to many people.

When a close friend got another close friend and started neglecting he/her they feel this way.

Behave like a matured gal.

Don't think of what they r doing.

Think of what u have to do.

Change ur attitude.

May be it is a pain , but u have to go through it.

All the best

Make a choice.

If your best friend is your best friend they would be receptive and a little more understanding of your feelings.

Maybe you should just tell your friend what your thoughts are.

If they really are your best friend they will respect your point of view and will not go out of their way to make you feel uncomfortable.

If they do then obviously you need to find a new best friend.

You should set some boundaries. Let them both know that while you love them, you don't want to hear about how much they love each other...or any of that other gooey relationship stuff people just can't seem to keep to themselves. You have to talk to them about this, or it will keep happening...they won't know to stop until you pull the breaks on their love bus.

be vErY freaked out....lol jk. But you should talk to them about how they talk to you about each other and tell them (in a non offensive way) how disturbing what they tell you is. But overall "try" to be happy for them.

just tell them at the time, that it is more information than you need and it embarrasses you...don't hide the fact it disturbs you cause they won't stop then.

just be open with them that it bothers you. i mean, if she's your best friend and the other, your cousin, there must be some communication skill to resolve it

• erchul

in case you may proceed to exist with out "nutrition for the comprehensive weekend", you will in all probability proceed to exist long adequate to advance out of being awkwardly self-unsleeping. carry in there. yet do no longer blow us off once you do get there.

Don't go out with them.