When does voicing your opinion become a crime?

If you have an opinion on something and you express it in an free and open way, when does this become a crime, or should it?

Favorite Answer

thecat is so right (was it oscar wilde?lol) however if wat u say incites others to 'ism criminal acts then its a crime. However u r entitled to free opinion at all times, unless of course u r white and the opinion is against any other race/religion/sex. Unfortunetly the reverse is not true

When you threaten someone else's life or to do them harm. For instance, the president's.

Also, when you post your opinion on Yahoo! Answers as a statement rather than a question. ;) Found out the hard way.

When you say something to hurt or harm a preson it should be a crime but I don't think it is look to God for the answer as to what to say and how to say it

• Peach

It becomes a crime when you verbally break the law

If the president can hear your protest it becomes a crime.

He doesn't need to know what you think.

If you're not a citizen it's off to gitmo.

free speech, nothing more to say about it, sensor ship is way bad. people got to say whatever dribble they wanna, why? because it is a democracy. If people are so stupid they say things they maybe shouldn`t have, we will just have to respect that!

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

(I didnt make that up, I just cant remember who said it first)

Well there is freedom of speech.

When it hurts someone

when what you say is a direct attack to the person. its libel!