When does voicing your opinion become a crime?

If you have an opinion on something and you express it in an free and open way, when does this become a crime, or should it?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

thecat is so right (was it oscar wilde?lol) however if wat u say incites others to 'ism criminal acts then its a crime. However u r entitled to free opinion at all times, unless of course u r white and the opinion is against any other race/religion/sex. Unfortunetly the reverse is not true

• 1 decade ago

When you threaten someone else's life or to do them harm. For instance, the president's.

Also, when you post your opinion on Yahoo! Answers as a statement rather than a question. ;) Found out the hard way.

• 1 decade ago

When you say something to hurt or harm a preson it should be a crime but I don't think it is look to God for the answer as to what to say and how to say it

• Peach
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It becomes a crime when you verbally break the law

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the president can hear your protest it becomes a crime.

He doesn't need to know what you think.

If you're not a citizen it's off to gitmo.

• 1 decade ago

free speech, nothing more to say about it, sensor ship is way bad. people got to say whatever dribble they wanna, why? because it is a democracy. If people are so stupid they say things they maybe shouldn`t have, we will just have to respect that!

• 1 decade ago

I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

(I didnt make that up, I just cant remember who said it first)

• 1 decade ago

Well there is freedom of speech.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When it hurts someone

• 1 decade ago

when what you say is a direct attack to the person. its libel!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.