Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

did you know there are catholics that HAVE read the bible and DON'T do all that statue/virgin mary stuff?

another example of why fundies and evangelicals are total hypocrites

no i'm not catholic

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Stormy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hmmmm......Catholics aren't evangelicals. Stick to what you know.

And the bible thing aside......i don't know a SINGLE Catholic that doesn't "do all that statue/virgin Mary stuff".

oh, and yeah, i'm Catholic. Why are you so bitter against Catholics? We're the quietest bunch!?!?!

• 1 decade ago

Catholics are not Evangelicals

• gumby
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

what specifically are you talking about? I'm not catholic but I follow the bible and I don't "do virgin mary stuff".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know what you mean. I bet if more people read the Bible they wouldn't do all that stuff either. I don't know how that proves that anyone is a hypocrite. Maybe more explanation would be good.

I'm not Catholic either. Just Christian. I don't know if you're putting that in one of your "hypocritical" categories... If so, please clarify what you're saying...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Over generalizations are a clear sign of ignorance. You establish yourself on the same level as Nazi's, Islamic terrorists and Skin heads.

• 1 decade ago

ya i do know.....my neighbours are catholics and they hav accepted CHRIST as their saviour and have even taken baptism which Jesus commanded us to do....they even try to bring other catholics to the same experience that they are enjoying now.they are true believers and now are doing whatever they can for extending the kingdom of God....

• 1 decade ago

It is not necessary for Salvation, so I'm sure there are plenty of Catholics who don't do it. I, however, enjoy it myself.

• 1 decade ago

Really. so do you feel better now?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.