Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

can anyone give me a really good refrigerator cake recipe?

I made a orange pineapple cake that I had to refrigerate, it was so good and my husband loved it. I want to make a cake for my engagement party that's coming up, and I would love to fix a cake that I have to refrigerate

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I found a couple different ones, I hope one of them works out for your engagement party! Good luck :)

Strawberry Refrigerator Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 (18.25 ounce) package strawberry cake mix

2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries

1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

1 cup milk

2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 pint fresh strawberries

DIRECTIONS:

Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Allow to cool. Poke holes on top of cake. Puree thawed strawberries with juice in a blender or food processor and spoon over top of baked cake.

To Make Topping: Prepare pudding mix as directed on package using one cup of milk. Fold whipped topping into pudding mixture and spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Arrange fresh strawberries decoratively on top of cake and serve.

Holiday Refrigerator Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 pound marshmallows, quartered

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 cup graham cracker crumbs

1 cup chopped candied cherries

1 cup chopped candied pineapple

1 cup dates, pitted and chopped

1 cup chopped salted pecans

2 teaspoons orange zest

2 teaspoons sherry

DIRECTIONS:

Heat marshmallows and cream over low heat, folding over and over until marshmallows are half melted. Remove from heat, and continue folding until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Cool.

Add 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, fruit, nuts, orange rind and sherry to the marshmallows. Stir to combine.

Sprinkle a buttered loaf pan with 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, then pour the marshmallow concoction over crumbs. Chill thoroughly.

Peach Refrigerator Cake

1/2 pound marshmallows

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup ginger ale

1 cup whipped cream, divided

sponge cake, or lady fingers

6 to 8 peaches, fresh, canned, or frozen and thawed, sliced

1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger

PREPARATION:

Cut marshmallows in quarters; combine with orange juice in a saucepan and stir over hot water until almost melted; cool slightly and add ginger ale. When slightly thickened fold in 3/4 cup whipped cream.

Line a spring form pan with waxed paper. Arrange layer of cake or lady fingers on bottom, next a layer of 1/3 of the peaches, then layer 1/2 of the marshmallow filling; repeat until there are 3 layers of cake and 2 of filling. Chill in refrigerator overnight. Unmold; garnish with remaining peaches and whipped cream and chopped crystallized ginger.

Apricot Chocolate Cake

100g/4oz good quality plain chocolate

100g/4oz butter or vegan margarine*

2 tablespoons golden syrup

1 tablespoon milk or soya milk*

250g/9oz vegan digestive or almond biscuits, crushed

100g/4oz apricots in Amaretto liqueur

50g/2oz chopped roast hazelnuts or almonds

150ml/5floz double cream, whipped (optional)

Apricot coulis

100g/4oz canned apricots, drained

1 teaspoon Amaretto liqueur

1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water.

2. In a separate bowl, also over a saucepan of simmering water melt the butter or vegan margarine*, golden syrup and milk together.

3. Stir the melted chocolate and crushed biscuits into the golden syrup mixture and mix well. Add the apricots and nuts, and mix well.

4. Grease and line a 450g/1lb loaf tin with baking parchment. Spoon in the chocolate biscuit mixture, press down well and chill for 2 hours.

5. Make the coulis: pureé the apricots and Amaretto in a blender or press through a sieve.

6. Serve the cake sliced with some apricot coulis and whipped cream.

Cannoli Refrigerator Cake

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped

1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip

60 vanilla wafers (around)

1 (8 ounce) jar caramel topping

With an electric mixer on medium, beat cheeses, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.

Add chocolate and mix well.

Stir in slowly 2 cups of whipped topping.

Spread 2 cups of mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Top with 30 wafers, drizzle caramel mixture over wafers, and then another layer of the mixture. Repeat again with layers of wafers, caramel, and mixture.

Top with any remaining whipped topping.

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I made the "Wave your Flag" cake for the 4th of July and it was a big hit. The website below has so many other refrigerator cakes and they all look soooo good. Hmm...I'm going to check it out myself, too. Happy Engagement!

• 4 years ago

No Bake Cheesecake 9" graham cracker pie shell 14 oz.. sweetened condensed milk ¼ cup lemon juice 10 oz.. cream cheese, softened a million tablespoon vanilla Beat the softened cream cheese until gentle. upload sweetened condensed milk and combine until thoroughly gentle. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice. Pour into pie shell and kick back until set. Notes do no longer DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!!! It won't set up precise. while you're creating a much better pan, make distinctive batches and pour over the previous layers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would choice a sponge cake a fruity one happy happy engagement

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.