Is the possibility of a relationship worth ruining a friendship?

Is taking a chance and revealing true feelings for a friend worth it, even if it could possibly ruin the friendship or make things awkward for a while?

Favorite Answer

Go for it.

We only get one chance at life and usually friends of the opposite sex make the best companions in life.

If they are a real friend and not interested, then you will both be understanding about it and carry on the friendship.

Take it from someone that knows, holding in your true feelings can be worse then telling them. If the friendship were to ruin because of you exposing your true feelings, which it shouldn't if the person was a true friend to begin with, then the pain can start to heal slowly. If you hold it in the pain just lingers their in your heart with nothing you can do about it except go home everynight with a heartache. Whichever you choose I wish you the best of luck.

i am not sure exactly what it will end for u...but i think u should take the risk...maybe it worth it...i've expressed my feelings once and it really worth to give a try...at least we will know where we stand and who we really are for them...at first, things will be awkward and all the easy talk i ever had with that person didn't goes smoothly...although the thing didn't work out like i imagined but at the end we are still friends are no hard feelings...i suggest u just try ur luck...anyway, of course u know that person's personality and u can actually guess what the ending will be...best of luck to u!!!

Ask yourself this question: Is the possibility of a relationship worth losing their friendship, possibly forever?

I agree, go for it. If they are true friends it wont ruin the friendship..I was best friends with my bf for 6 years and now were engaged

I went out with my best friend for about four months and then we decided that as friends we were better. We're good friends again and nothing is awkward, go for it!

• Mrs. M

Not really because just think how well you get along now but as a couple in love you can have even more fun..............Good Luck