does anyone have an example of a good resume cover letter?

possibly just something generic/general? or if its geared toward a specific career, whichever is fine, i just can't find anything on the net. thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of places to get these. Follow this link to get a lot more sites with samples.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=resume+cover+lett...

Here's a sample:

Your name

Mailing address

City, state, and zip

Telephone number(s)

Email address

Today’s date

Your addressee’s name

Professional title

Organization name

Mailing address

City, state and zip

Dear Mr. (or Ms.) last name,

Start your letter with a grabber—a statement that establishes a connection with your reader, a probing question, or a quotable quote. Briefly say what job you are applying for.

The mid-section of your letter should be one or two short paragraphs that make relevant points about your qualifications. You should not summarize your resume! You may incorporate a column or bullet point format here.

Your last paragraph should initiate action by explaining what you will do next (e.g., call the employer) or instigate the reader to contact you to set up an interview. Close by saying “thank you.”

Sincerely yours,

Your handwritten signature

Your name (typed)

Enclosure: resume

• 1 decade ago

I am submitting my resume to you for consideration for Capital Markets Senior Consultant positions currently open.

As you can see from my resume I have recently passed the CPA exam and graduated from Pace University with a MBA in Financial Management. I also have an MS in Accounting from Seton Hall University. I currently work at the Any Bank as a Senior Financial Analyst.

Please feel free to contact me at (732)-768-000 or email me at address@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you how I may contribute to the success of your organization. I am looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Source(s): My cover letter
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

google it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.