Censors are getting a little carried away?

What the hell? Are the censors on here getting a little carried away on their "violations". All I asked was "Do you think I should change my avatar?" Who freaking cares. It's all in fun.

I have reported some questions wayyyy worse than that, and they didn't get removed. Lame Lame Lame. What's the point in even playing along?

Favorite Answer

I agree. It seems as if a lot of people didn't get enough of tattling as youngsters. I don't report people but I put obscene and racist questions on my watch list to see how fast they disappear. As of today I have 45 and a total of 8 have been deleted over a three month period.

Yes, according to the forum, there are users who roam the site and do nothing but report questions. They have come up with acronyms and names for their activities. They RAMO (Report Abuse and Move On). Another user has organized GROUP (Get Rid Of Unwanted Poop) day where users go through the boards and just report questions.

One of your answerers compared these censors to Police. Remember some Police Officers abuse power. So do a lot of these censors. Also, the city gives Police Officers their power. Who gave these Internet Police their power????

I think it is time for these censors to put on the big boy/girl underwear and stop tattling. Be an adult and ignore objectionable content. On a site where over a million questions get posted daily it is not hard to find something to interest you.

• Boaz

Without the censors we would have mental anarchy. They are the police to ensure that we abide by the rules. The purpose of this forum is to share and exchange knowledge in a congenial environment.

Boaz.

I think some are justified and some people spend their all their time looking for things to report instead of answering questions.

I'll betcha the guys whose questions you reported are actually Yahoo staff.

I know, its so lame, i mean, this is like a free service so like who cares??

ya change your avatar

I agree. I dont get it either!