oddyerdy asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

what do the first baseman and the base runner talk about during major league games? they almost always talk.?

Favorite Answer

anything and everything, most of the time just small talk though

Funny I just read a little article about this today; they were asking some first baseman who are the most chatty guys when they run the bases-apparently my fav, Carlos Delgado, is one of the more communicative, lol. Pressed for examples the guy said they talk about a lot of things; the game, the weather, "Did you see the girl in the third row..." LOL in other words I guess typical guy talk, lol!

Baseball

I was watching a game on tv once, and a guy (on base) was miked. He was talking to Albert Pujols and asking him if he could sign some stuff for the baserunners kid.

It depends on if they know each other. If they do, they have stuff to talk about. If not, it's always meaningless small chatter.

And chicks in the stands are a very common topic.

The visiting player is asking the home team player the best place to get laid after the game

The game, or small talk. I'm thinking players probably know each other enough for chatting.

probably how the base runner shouldn't have hit the ball

• wmp55

Anything and everything. Sometimes some kind of joke.

i would think that they probably talk about the game, and how hot is is outside, but i really dont know.. l0l ♥♥♥