i am a 46 yo male shy and quiet what is my chances of meeting someone?

i am a hard worker and a very nice person im loyal and trustworthy i just find it hard to approach women and start a conversation i tend to get nervous and tonge tide and seem to force conversations rather than let them happen i feel that because i'm the man i must be the one who keeps the conversation flowing and thats when i put my foot in my mouth need suggestions badly

Favorite Answer

I will say this try really hard to get over your shyness, If most women are like me and don't know you then they would only think that your not interested in them. Maybe start out by letting them know that your a shy person, and it takes you awhile to over come your shyness....

Girls are just as shy as you are when it comes to meeting people if not more shy. So some one has to be the strong one. You sound like a decent guy there shouldn't be a problem. Just be the stronger one don't think so much just let if flow. If you get tongue tide let it happen just correct yourself and let it go. Make a joke about it. It's 2006 anything goes.

Source(s): cadiluv

I don't think that it is a negative thing that you are shy. I think many women would respect that and know that you are not like every other man out there. I might suggest that you visit places of interest to you. Perhaps a book store or coffee shop. There you might find a women with the same interest as you and possibly make friends which will carry onto further relationships. Definitely use your weakness as your strength. Good Luck!

Just relax and go with the flow. Just don't be so fast with conversations. Let it come naturally. Your true love will find you and when you realize that it will happen. Look at her as a friend at first or someone close to you. Be yourself, i like shy guys !

Well, bless your heart. Join a social group. Join the Church. Join a health club. Smile a lot. There are plenty of outgoing women that can't find someone because they can't find a shy quiet fella to be their better half.

very good actually if your remember to tell yourself one thing --- it takes two people to have a conversation. The key is finding a woman who has similar interests --- I suggest getting in a dating service or joining eharmony.com --- to increase your chances of meeting someone --- if you aren't into the long distance thing then post that in your ad. and let them know that you want to meet someone who lives within a certain radius of your town.

uhmm...start meeting girls online...maybe...hopefully you can start there if you are really shy. at least you dont have to meet face to face at first. when you get comfortable with each other then maybe you can arrange to meet.by then you wont be too shy. hope i helped

Nice guys finish last - you're screwed....