D asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

I was playing basketball against this guy I think was gay can I get AIDS if he touches me?

Favorite Answer

no. HIV can only be passed through sexual contact (exchanging of semen and other bodily fluids) or via the blood....so if this person had HIV and got hurt to where he was bleeding - even then you'd have to have an open cut yourself that the blood got into for you to have a chance of contracting the disease.

also - don't assume that every homosexual has HIV or AIDS...this is just not the case. A heterosexual male or female has just as much chance of being HIV positive nowadays.

Source(s): I'm a nurse

Ok, I hate these questions. First off all, you're a piece of crap. You can get AIDS from anyone-- not just gay men. Second of all, no you cannot gets AIDS if a guy touches you. If that were the case, most of the world would have AIDS. Sadly, I'd be more concerned with having a brain before I worried about having AIDS.

• No. AIDS is an STD, a SEXUALLY transmitted disease. This means that aids can mostly only be contracted by having any type of intercourse with that individual. The reason I say mostly is because you can contract aids and other STDs can also be contracted by sharing needles when doing drugs. In sharing needles, there is an interchanging of bloodcells that have been contaminated with the STD. They are on the needle when it comes out of the other individual and no matter the amount of cleaning, it is quite hard to remove every last cell that is infected. Remember, it really only takes one infected to make you infected. Cells divide to make more of their kind; infected or not. STDs are very serious and can truly only be contracted by these two ways; sex and blood transfusion.

Source(s): internet.medicine books. pamphlets.personal health books.

No you cannot.... they only way that you can contract AIDS is if this man has a open wound which comes in contact with your open wound. Even then the chances are unlikely. Also just because he is gay does not mean that he has AIDS.

I can't believe in 2006 that people still doesn't know that one...OF COURSE NOT! You catch aids with an exchange of body fluids like blood, sperm, or using someone's needle infected with aids ... you can't catch it from saliva...

And by the way, beeing gay doesn't mean having aids.

jus cuz he's gay don't mean he has aids and no u can't get it by touch just an exchange of blood or siliava

You can check in any health books and it has been proven that you cannot get aids by physical contact with a infected person.

Source(s): Anatomy & Health Class

No, It would take a substantial amount of spit, or sweat to spread aids. If he had blood on him, and his blood rubbed against a cut on you. You could get it.

But I don't think you will get aids.

are you a girl? Well no you can only get aids if there is contact with the penis and vagina, otherwords you can only get aids from a girl on guy sex.

Have you been living under a rock?

Of course not.

a) not all gay men have AIDS

b) the only way to get infected is through sex or sharing needles