Custody of my child?

Does anyone know where I could go to get custody of my daughter because her dad and his mom are really tripping she lives with me, they already told me when she was 2 weeks old that they were thinking about comming here and kidnapping her whether they were playing or not you shouldnt say things like that and he is not on the birth certificate but she has his lastname I was wondering if and where I could get custody over here

Favorite Answer

Alot depends on the laws of the state you are in. You might check with Legal Aid to see if they can help you establish custody, visitations and child support if possible.

From what it sounds like to me, you are the mother by birth, but he has not been established as the father, and until that point and time he is granted physical custody and has established paternity, he can be charged with kidnapping I believe.

Just dont let him take the baby for a night or so if you think he wont bring her back. He is the dad and has rights too, so if he doesnt want to bring her back he has the right to keep her until you can get a court date to get her back. When my ex and myself broke up I was really upset because I was afraid he would take our daughter. But men are mostly full of empty threats. Good Luck!!

well jsut b/c she has his last name doesnt mean a thing you are the mother you have more rights then him go to the court house file for custody then get a restraining order on both of them and raise your child w/o him

press charges against him an his mother an if he aint on the certificate then he may not haave custody so hire a lawyer just in case i hope you find what oyu need =)

if yall aint married you have physical custody..he only has visitation right...like others siad put him on child support....also i kno here in nevada if you feel that he can harm you and your baby you dont have to do neither as long as the state knows

Talk to an attorney! Don't know where you are but maybe this web site will help you! http://arlegalservices.org/ or call

1-800-9-LAW AID If they cant help maybe they can tell you who you could call!

Good Luck!

some states i know you dont have automatic rights if your not on the b/c. In my state rights are not automatic unless you are legally married. So research the laws in your particular state.

Source(s): Crazy baby daddy to lol

here is some interesting info on child custody

http://andycaine.custody05.hop.clickbank.net/

GET A RESTAINING ORDER............

AND FILE CHARGES FOR SUSPETION OF ATTEMPTED

KIDNAPPING AGAINST BOTH OF THEM!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THEY SAID IS NO JOKE,

IF THEY WERE PLAYING,

WHEN THEY GET CHARGED,

IT WON'T BE SO FUNNY!!!!!

you have custody but as far as wat he does he can fight u and theres nthing you can do to stop it good luck