Paul
Paul asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Should kids be able to use Yahoo answers?

I think older people give better answers

• Favorite Answer

god, no. i'm getting very tired of ducking and doging a lot of these question for fear of dateline doing another one of their "predator" shows. i don't want to have to feel like i'm attacking a child for answering these risque' questions. when their parents are the ones that should be talking to them. i really like yahoo answers it can be very informative and i do like to give advice as well. but i don't like having to run into these "my bf luvs me n wants 2 have sex, should i?" written by 13 year olds. i don't think their parents know what they're putting out on the net.

I think with anything on the Internet, that children need to be monitored by a parent. If a child has a curious mind and has legit questions then by all means they should have the right to use Yahoo Answers. I think there are some topics that kids might need support on, and in person could be too embarrassing for them. Yahoo Answer gives them a tool for that. Also when parents are asking about child age questions they can provide a much needed younger opinion. Do I think that there is too much inappropriate information for a child on here? Absolutely, maybe Yahoo could set up some topics that are age restricted. But then again they would have to do a better job of reviewing the questions and getting rid of vulgar and perverted questions and answers.

It's hard to say solely yes, or solely no. Kids deserve the opportunity to receive answers from other people, regardless of age and gender, but at the same time realise what they can and can't ask. I understand that users have to be 13 to use the site, and that there are some mature teenagers online who would ask sensible questions with the right limited information, and that there are also older people who probably should know better and don't omit certain information from their questions and answers. Answers from adults may be wise at times, but also may not be appropriate for other circumstances.

yes, older people give more mature answers and they know a lot more things...its also not safe for kids to use Yahoo! answers because of the weird questions and answers people give on here...

Yes, sometimes, kids give better opinions.

I don't think they should even be on this site due to there are a lot of topics that are adult oriented

i don;t think children under 15 should be on here..