Why do they call it "The luck of the Irish" when a brief look through history shows that they had?

very little luck at all except for bad and worse?

Favorite Answer

because when they were emigrating over here during WW1, as soon as they got off the boat they were enlisted and were given a gun and $100.00. since they were the majority of people coming over here everyone considered it lucky that they were given money and their families werwe given money and shelter. this is a fairly recent thing but many people think it comes from way back.

Source(s): saw a socumentary on the history channel around st.patty's day
  • 1K

Bad luck is the luck of the Irish. My parents are from Ireland. Our family has the most atrociously bad luck. My family in Ireland agree. Irish luck is bad luck.

Cheers.

Tell the Kennedys about the "luck of the Irish," why don't you? They all got wiped out in weird circumstances. Then there was the Titanic, the Potato Famine, 800 years of merciless British occupation. Don't mention the rain! He he. That's why we've got such a good sense of humour...if you didn't laugh, you'd cry!

Because when you're drunk and you fall there is less chance of damage because you roll w. it or flop dissipating the energy that would otherwise cause damage. I could be lucky enough to survive being hit by a train most Saturday nights!

Bad luck is still luck.

They are so drunk all the time, they don't know they are having bad luck.

it's like

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

maybe it is, if they have any good luck, it was really big time luck.

i really don't know but i thought it sounded good

they don't say if it's good luck or bad luck...so it'll be ok to use it for a good or bad situation.

hey ...the saying dosent go 4 the country...it goes for the race...im irish and my friends (some of them at least) say im the luckyest person they know

maybe its because of the pot of gold end of the rainbow four leaf clover thing. maybe because they have so much good luck charms... like the horseshoe!!!