Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I found this quote, what do you think of it?

An apology for the Devil: It must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.

The Bible may be the truth but it's not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Samuel Butler

Favorite Answer

very true: Christians call Satan the accuser, but I only hear accusations coming from the church....while Satan says nothing and turns the other cheek. Who's the better Christian?

According to some Christian theology's, the Devil was basically appointed the position after forming the opinion that mortals should not be giving free will...if you have nothing to chose between, where then is the point of free will? Its a rough job but some one had to take it...Who better that "the Day-Star", the most beautiful and powerful of all the arch-angels, second only to God himself?

Man, I would have payed good money to have been a fly on the wall during that discussion...

Interesting Q,

Fenix

You can find the devil's "truth" in the prisons. hospital emergency rooms etc and the morning after. He tries to make everything look good and maybe it does for a season but he never shows the other side of his "fun".

• Well...Since God doesn't lie (for He is Holy) then I would believe God over Samuel Butler and certainly over the father of lies, Satan himself.

Besides, if Satan had come back and repented...things wouldn't be as they are today. We live in a troubled world.

Grace to you and God Bless!

Source(s): Holy Bible

The Bible is the truth ,the whole truth and nothing but the truth , the devil is a liar and the father of lies ,call upoun the BLOOD OF JESUS

It basically means there are two sides to every story and just because one sees an event one way doesn't mean that all parties involved in the event see the event the same way. I guess it just depends whose side you want to believe.

Satan had free will also and lived in the Presence of God and still chose to go against Him and turn others against Him. Why would I be sympathetic?

Actually god didn't write the Bible.... It was written by many different authors.... So then that statement is wrong!

well my opinion is that since god isnt a liar he gives the story bout the devil and about the angels and humans etc... truthfully

It's been said that everything in the Bible is true, and some of it actually happened!

Shalom