how do you get rid of mosquitoes in your yard ? we get attacked just going outside.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Build or buy a couple of "bat houses." These will attract bats, which literally eat thousands of mosquitos a night.

Don't put the bat houses too close to your house. In winter, they will try to get into your warm house. Also, bat waste is nasty. Finally, a lot of people think bats are creepy.

Bats are natural, don't need feeding other than your pesky bugs, don't need electricity like a zapper, and don't need propane like a mosquito eater. Eventually, they are a lot cheaper.

Don't forget that mosquitos are carriers of nasty diseases, like West Nile virus, and Equine Encephalitis. You want to control or eliminate them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can buy the ultra violet lights that attract them and have electric zappers built in.

Also I read recently, that someone found, that if you place plates of water outside, into which you mixed some lemon joy dish washing detergent, they will come to that, drink it and drop dead within feet of the plate.

Finally, there are solid state ultra sonic noise makers that put out sound at a high frequency that drives them away.

• 4 years ago

i might desire to grant you 2 ideas. the two paintings and neither require pesticides. First, there's a gadget you may desire to purchase. it quite is referred to as a "mega-capture mosquito capture". they are made in New Zealand and actually paintings. they are not affordable, yet i've got had mine for 3 years and actually like it. you may desire to purchase it off the internet Your 2d decision are super followers. Mosquitoes are undesirable flyers. a sturdy breeze will floor them. I certainly have a pair of commercial oscillating followers on the patio that do a stable interest of protecting mosquitoes away (they don't supply up flies). stable success

• 1 decade ago

oooo..just learned this one today!!

when u are outside...next to the area u are at, put a plain white plate with water and a few drops of lemon joy....

for some reason mosquitos are attracted and die instantly

after drinkin some !!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You don't until mosquitoe season is over.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there is a plant that you can usually buy at walmart or home depot that repels mosquitoes

• 1 decade ago

i know mosquitoes came from wet places...so try not to store water in your backyard..also try to spray some insecticides but away from plants..and always clean your backyard...

• 1 decade ago

look for standing water;old tires, buckets, high grass or weeds, etc.

get rid of the water and you will get rid of the mosquitos.

if you have high grass or weeds, cut them down.

Source(s): my own experience
  • 1 decade ago

Try a screened in porch.

• 1 decade ago

attract bats

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.