i need a really good topic for an Argumentative paper?

Everyone in my class took my ideas and now i have to come up with another one.

• Aki
    Favorite Answer

Gay Marriage?

The Value of Writing Argumentative Papers

Anything controversial is good, especially if you get to debate. Gay marriages, abortion, racism, the death penalty(theres a really good one you can research, it was on the cover of The Telegraph (newspaper and website) in Alton IL today, google Mathew Davis and Rachel Hayes. Rachel was my sister in law. You can even use me as a refrance if you want to, just email me) heck you can even do which political party you support. Whatever you pick, make it something that you belive in, otherwise you're going to feel like your're lying whenever you read it. If you feel passonatly about something that you write about, it will turn out better, I promise.

here are ome subjects i find interesting:

did the industrial revolution disrupt the american family?

was john d rockefeller a "robber barron"?

did the progressives fail?

was prohibition a failure? (my fav)

did the new deal prolong the great depression?

did communisim threaten america's internal security after WWII?

did the brown decision fail to desegregate and improve the status of african americans? (good one)

did president reagan win the cold war? (good one too)

should america remain a nation of immigrants? (u could tie this one into how the statue of liberty says "bring your huddled masses" and now ppl are saying kick the mexicans out)

did yellow journalism cause the spanish-american war? (randolph herst's newspaper)

those are some good topics! i hope i helped. there are 2 sides to each of those topics

What would happen if the United States relinquished the United Nations and got rid of them altogether?

Two biggest argumentative papers are abortion and "should gays be allowed to marry", if these are taken I would suggest a paper about global warming.

• Woz

national id cards?

Alternative medicine vs HMOs?

Immigration?

Sex ed in public schools?

Liberal bias in the media or not?

Is political correctness helping or hurting our society?

Affirmative action good or bad?

Was Katrina aid discriminitory?

Criminy. There're TONS out there!!

From looking at this site for a hile now I would say "Religion" would be a great topic

Read the front page of any daily newspaper. If you can't find anything there, drop out and enlist

You could do your paper on whether or not stem cell research should be legalized.

For something specific,

Why we should/ should not have gone to Iraq?

Or should we help Isreal fight the Palestineins.