is there a car rental company that rents to someone under 21?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure they have them at amusement parks. They are called Bumper Cars and you rent by the minute.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Like others have said, you will have to contact people in the area you need to rent the car from that are not big name car rental companies, not Avis, Alamo, Budget or others like this. They will most likely make you show proof of insurance as well.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah but you may have to check around with your local rental company. Most require a large deposit, and the car choices aren't as great as national chains, but hey if your under 21 this may be your only option.

• 1 decade ago

Or you can be the second driver on the contract, or you can rent from a car dealer sometimes. I know it can be a problem, and some companies don't want to rent to you until age 25! When my son was in college and needed to take his car in for service, the dealership rented him a car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know people who have run into this problem before, your best bet would be to consult the Yellow Pages for the area you would be renting the car in. All you can really do is some grunt work and make calls, asking what their renter policies are as far as age restrictions go.

Hope that helps!

• Jolly1
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Under 21? For most, you have to be at least 25.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You will have to find one that is owned by a small business. The corporate ones are governed by certain laws and cannot. It is actually sometimes cheaper to do it that way. The cars aren't as nice but they do get the job done.

• 1 decade ago

most rental places but you have to pay a small fee. try enterprise. plus it half off on the weekend.

• 1 decade ago

budget sometimes, only if a accident was involved and it was the other persons fault. Meaning other persons insurance paying for it. Otherwise good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do not see why they wouldn't. I think you need to have a license, major credit card and insurance. If not, then ask your parents to rent it for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.