Jeff B asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

My car accidentally sank in the lake and I have some old socks in the trunk, will this harm the fish?

Favorite Answer

OMG!!! Call the EPA!!!

You may have to quarantine that lake!!

For Pete's sake don't let anyone swim in it!

as a techniques because of the fact the socks circulate, i think of the fish will undergo...have you ever smelled some lakes in the previous? Now so a techniques as get away....it relies upon on the place you're interior the automobile. Are you interior the trunk...if so i desire you have a emergency launch lever. and that i desire you have adequate oxygen left to verify this.

1. What the heck is your car doing in a lake?

2. How the heck did you get it in?

3. Why the heck did you get your car in there?

4. How could you, "accidentally" drive a car into a lake????

5. Sheesh, you really care for the small things, i'm with ya!

If the trunk is closed I doubt it. Why would your socks even be a problem. Are you cleaning toxic waste with your gym socks???

Quick - dump a bottle of tide in there to clean those socks before they hurt the fish!!

In the short term, no.

But in the long term...

A small pocket of air, a million festering microbes, and evolution at its best - the whole lake is at risk!

Good GOD MAN! How long did you wear those socks?!!!!!

Heck yeah you killed the whole pond, lake, and probably the whole town's drinking supply. GG! WTG! Take your stinky feet in for a good washing in the bathtub. HELLO!

*gigglesnort*

Dirty socks or clean ones? I once hung my husbands dirty socks on a tree to keep the deer away. Worked.

• Robin

No. The gasoline from the car probably would hurt them worse, but it probably won't leak. Maybe you should consider pulling your car out?

depends....if ur socks smell like rotten egg then those poor fish will probably be harmed