As a child, did any of you experience your beds shake, seemingly on their own?

This is a "supernatural" experience that I'm particulary interested in, having experienced it myself growing up, and also having - through the years of talking to other people - found that it's apparently a rather common experience.

Now, I'm not talking about Exorcist-type bed raising off the floor and tossing you around like a mechanical bull. The experience I'm refering to usually feels like the bed is trembling - picture the way a scared dog shakes, now imagine your bed doing just that. It may or may not be accompanied by sound - depending on how sturdy your bed was. I'm just plain curious how many folks out there had this experience as kids, as like I said, it seems to be rather common.

If you had this experience, please share any other "strange" things that happened during these episodes, or any history of weird happenings in your home.

Serious answers ONLY, please - I will report non-serious answers.

Thanks a bunch.

Favorite Answer

Only during earthquakes.

Yes.. Yes.. Yes.. Yes.. Yes I have had this.. I was about 14, 15 though and I was laying in bed and I remember kicking my leg out and I was kicking something, like as if someone was sitting on the edge of my bed and I was kicking there back, all of a sudden it was gone and about 2 mins later my bed shook, it wasnt hard core but it was hard enough that I shat my pants.. I was so scared, I was trying to call out to my parents but I was literally scared solid, I was trying to kick the wall so they would wake up but I couldnt move! I have never really thought much of it as I am pretty freaked out about the supernatural, but I am blown away that you have experienced it as have alot of other people! Random!

This is a sign of your coming close to having an OBE. It is quite common in young people and is very often accompanied by an actual OBE. Tends to go away as you hit your mid teens.

I have not had this, but I have had night terrors. Maybe this is a form of night terror. I also have the sensation sometime that I am falling, usually when I am falling asleep. It startles me, then I wake up for a minute, and eventually drift back to sleep.

when i was 9 i was trying 2 sleep 1 night, but i couldn't... i was wide awake. my parents were asleep, and it was pretty late. so i closed my eyes, and somthing pushed my blankets up on my sholders. i looked up, and i saw a ghost right in front of me look strait at me! ( i kno this sounds retarded, but it really happened )

yep it hapend to me its were i use to sit or stand up in bed and once i woke my self up and i was sitting holding my knees and rocking and saying nonono but i dont remember a bad dream or any thing to trigger this