Why has the water pressure in my upstairs bathroom dropped? Neighbors seem to say theres is fine?

It seems to be the worst in my upstairs bathroom. I have yet to find any leaks?

Favorite Answer

it could have a clog even if the pipes are new rust from older pipes in front of them could have collected down the line. hope this helps. /<:}

there are three places you need to check;

1. check the valve at the water meter to see if it has been partially cut-off. if it has , cut it back on. turn the valve until the straight peice on the top of the valve is parallel to the direction the pipe is running.

2. every home has to have a pressure reducing device somewhere in the line . find yours and try turning the indicator clockwise to raise the pressure.

3. check the cutoff valve right under the sink or commode that has low pressure and see if someone has cut it partially off. cut it back on.

4. if this fails , call the city or the people who you have water service with and tell them you are having pressure problems. they will check their pressure at the meter. this will be a good starting place for a plumber.

Source(s): my own experience

Could be a clog or leak in the waterpipe somewhere. Had this problem some years back. Pressure is fine now after I got the pipe replaced.

Source(s): Personal experience

If I had to guess I would say you probably live in a newer home and if I am right about that it's very probable that some trash was left in the lines and it has worked its way up to the valve that you are have the pressure problem with. You should get one of us contractor types to take a look at it.

Most places are on gravity pressure so if your bathroom is higher than the water tank then your pressure will be lousy. Check the pipes first. Thats your best bet.

do away with the bathe head and look interior the place it hooks up there's a small demonstrate screen in there that desires wiped clean.Then soak the comprehensive head in CLR from the ironmongery shop to do away with the calcium deposits for a pair hours.would desire to be nice afterwards