kid asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

why can't i install the windows updates?

why can't i install the windows updates? I restored my computer.. It went back to windows ME. I upgraded again to XP. It installed updates perfectly.. But then i tried to download SP1a and SP2 and the other 30 soemthing updates.. All of them failed.. Please help. Thsi is the second time i downloaded this operating system.. BEcause i had to upgrade again due to system recovery.

ok.. its not hacked. its genuine.. its mind.. EVERYTHING IS NEW AND STOCK.. i dont have accelerator yet....tried sp1a and 2 and all the other updates.. DIDN'T WORK

Favorite Answer

Try doing the sp1 let it complete before trying to get the sp2

You should skip the ME and install a full XP os and then perform the upgrades of sp1, sp2, and the patches.

Is it a legal copy of Windows or a hacked copy? If it isn't a legal copy, there's your answer. MS has made changes that are intended to break illegal copies so that they don't update, etc.

If you borrowed someone else's xp disk it will not let you update.

try removing your "web accelerator"

• Evey

do you have a pirated edition? that could be the problem. I dunno just a thought.