Can you reccomend a camera that takes decent landscape pictures ?
I have a website where the header section requires landscape photos. If I try to crop and shrink a normal picture from my digital camera it looks ugly.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
You might not need a new camera. It sounds like you're satisfied with the quality of your current pictures but they magically suck after you've prepared them for the web. A new camera won't solve that. What you need, is Photoshop skills.
After you've cropped the pictures (and done any retouching you wanted), the key to shrinking them is to take it in two stages. These stages work the same in any decent image editing program:
1) Reset the image size to the desired dimensions (say 600x300 pixels). When you up-size, use 'bicubic smoothing' and when you downsize use 'bicubic sharpening'.
2) Reduce the file size as necessary. When you select 'save as', you'll see a slider to set the image quality from 1 to 10. Computer monitors have piss-poor resolution compared to printed photos. For web pages, you can usually set the image quality to around 6 without any noticeable degradation.
With these 2 steps, your pictures will look as crisp as the original files, at only a fraction of the size.
- Picture TakerLv 71 decade ago
Maybe you need more pixels for this job. If you don't want to buy the camera, as this sounds like a one-time only job, maybe you have a friend who can let you use their camera for a couple of shots or go with you to take the shots themself and let you upload it for your website.
- 1 decade ago
Well depends on your price range, for most people a good nikon or sony is a good deal, but if you are looking for top of the line, profesional cameras...Slrs are the way to go.
then the nikon d50 or d200
or the new sony A100
or cannor 20d
- 1 decade ago
My Canon digital camera is very good for landscape shots.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- DidgeridudeLv 41 decade ago
You might want to take a look at the Panasonic DMC-FX01 because it has a very wide angle lens for a compact camera.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Yeah, i have the panasonic lumix black...It takes awesome pictures of landscapes,or anything. You can also record videos with it, as we found out a week ago!!! It cost over 200bucks, and is worth it...