Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Tiny Consistent Muscle Twitches?

Well, I Do not often post questions, so I Would appreciate some serious responses, Yahoo Answers has always been helpful in the past and I'm sure I Can't be the only one with this problem

I Have been afflicted with minute muscle 'twitches' as I call them because I don't know how else to describe them. They are rarely visible but I can feel them at the sides of my nose when i hold it, over the bridge of the nose and all down the sides (effectively all over the surface of the nose really). It is driving me insane, I can't concentrate for the twitches - they are not on and off - they are constant, It feels as if the surface of my nose is crawling with tiny insects, and the skin is rising and falling (this is actually the case when I place my finger closely over it) The best way I can describe the twitches, is like a pulse all over my nose - It is getting to the point where I can no longer concentrate on reading or anything - What could it be? and Will my doctor even care?

• Neil S
    Favorite Answer

I don't know your medical history but definitely see your doctor. He will most probably refer you to a neurologist. I think you are talking about 'ticks' which I experienced for a few months after starting on a new type of medication.

Hope this helps.

It may be eye strain. Try moist heat - a washcloth soaked in hot water and laid across your eyes and nose may help.

Your doctor should be able to give you some other ideas as to how to help control it - and should care. If not, find another doctor.

Good luck!

Source(s): First hand experience w/ eye strain.

that's quite normal my sister had her lip pierced and ever since when she wrinkles up her nose her top lip twitches, its just the nerves in your nose i doubt that there is much your doctor could do but if it bothers you that much just go and see him thats what he's there for