How do I clean soda out of the keyboard of my laptop?

It was spilled a couple of days ago, I thought I got it all and haven't been home using it since it happened now it's sticky under the keys (mostly the space bar) how do I clean under them? With what?

Favorite Answer

Take some rubbing alcohol and use some Q-Tips dipped in it to clean between the keys. You can also use a soft cleaning rag to sweep it across the keys and over the space bar. Disconnect (unplug) your computer first.

First unplug your laptop and remove the battery so you don't get electocuted. Then use Q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol and carefully brush on and in between keys on the keyboard. You also may want to get a plastic keyboard protector so in the future this does not happen. It's really easy to clean these.

it really is probably fried if the gadget changed into powered up on the time of the spill. Is the prolem restricted to the keyboard?Did you spring for Apple's prolonged assure? If no longer, you may want to attempt making use of an exterior USB Keyboard to make certain the workstation nonetheless works ok till now finding out to pay for the fix out of pocket vs. replacing the workstation.

If non of the other suggestions work you could buy an external keyboard like are used on regular desktop computers and just attach the keyboard to the USB slot. Of course you would buy a keyboard that has a USB cable end. If it has a PS/2 end you can get a PS/2 to USB adapter.

This would save you from ditching your computer.

unplug it , remove the battery. using jewelers screwdriver set, take it apart and wash with soap, rinse with clean water,let it dry complletely or blow dry it, rub it down with wd-40 lubricating oil,, use clean cotton cloth on every step.. put it back together , replace the battery , plug it in, turn it on ,,,,, throw it away.... the sugar water in pop usually gets into the micro circuits when spilled on the keys and fries the brains... but good lick..

get a new keyboard, or a new laptop

Source(s): experience

Spray glass cleaner, it has alcohol in it.