Can gay people create a Sovereign Gay Nation?

If the Israelis can do it, why can't the gays?

Favorite Answer

Well, the Jews have a distinct heritage and culture that's lasted for thousands of years. And someone (that'd be Britain) was willing to give them land to do it. There's no international law prohibiting it, but there's also no real support for it, either. There's also the problems of population (no easy children), language (gay people would come from everywhere), and where it would be (I suggest somewhere in the Pacific). I'd immigrate, though!

• jxt299

It is a great idea. I like the idea of some wealthy gays buying an island and then setting it up as a gay homeland--if you need to get out of your country, wherever it is, whyever you need to go, you can go there and nobody can hurt you. Also make it a kind of resort so its self sustaining.

I can't see it as practical.

1) We wouldn't produce a lot of kids.

2) We'd be dealing with constant emigration from around the world. Just how would citizenship be decided?

3) Where?

I can see maybe a State or even a city state.

The above responses ignore the fact that we shouldn't have to hide away on an island somewhere. And for those who choose to stay and fight...they're losing allies constantly. It is appealing, but then...how long do you think it would last peacefully if the attitudes of hatred go unchallenged?

I wish but only if the bisexuals get to c u m too. LOL