Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 1 decade ago

ever burn your feet while walking barefoot on the sidewalk because it is SO hot out?

Favorite Answer

It is very common in many parts of South Asia where the normal temperatures reach upto 110-120 F during summer. Poor people who do not have proper foot wear often have to walf bare feet.

Yes, a few times. Asphalt can be VERY hot. Cement sidewalks are a bit cooler.

Try to walk in shaded areas. Also, the painted lines on pavement are cooler to walk on.

Burning your feet on hot pavement is one of the few real risks of being barefoot. It takes some getting used to, but EVERYONE has their limit of how much they can take of hot pavement. Don't try to over-do it.

Definitely, but only got one friction blister on the heel. Standing burned after a few seconds and needed shade to cool the feet, but I could do up to 0.2 miles on white and gray tiled sidewalk before needing shade.

Not a problem--since I'm okay with burning the feet as long as I don't get blisters, and the one friction blister reattached to the heel as a callused spot.

Yes, stay off of any asphalt roads, It's much hotter than cement.

Yes, especially when I was a child. Thank God for sandals and flip flops :-)

yes

ya usually its when i get out of the pool

no.