Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 1 decade ago

ever burn your feet while walking barefoot on the sidewalk because it is SO hot out?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is very common in many parts of South Asia where the normal temperatures reach upto 110-120 F during summer. Poor people who do not have proper foot wear often have to walf bare feet.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, a few times. Asphalt can be VERY hot. Cement sidewalks are a bit cooler.

Try to walk in shaded areas. Also, the painted lines on pavement are cooler to walk on.

Burning your feet on hot pavement is one of the few real risks of being barefoot. It takes some getting used to, but EVERYONE has their limit of how much they can take of hot pavement. Don't try to over-do it.

• 5 years ago

Definitely, but only got one friction blister on the heel. Standing burned after a few seconds and needed shade to cool the feet, but I could do up to 0.2 miles on white and gray tiled sidewalk before needing shade.

Not a problem--since I'm okay with burning the feet as long as I don't get blisters, and the one friction blister reattached to the heel as a callused spot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, stay off of any asphalt roads, It's much hotter than cement.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, especially when I was a child. Thank God for sandals and flip flops :-)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ya usually its when i get out of the pool

• 1 decade ago

no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.