I want to become pregnant, need a job that will support my breastfeeding journey...?

I need a job that is going to be pro-active about me breastfeeding because I refuse to give my child any other form of nourishment for the 1st year. My current job really isn't for or against me breastfeeding but they did give me a hard time to pump...so I guess they are against it,grr...so my milk supply plumeted and I had to supplement w/ yucky formula, I refuse to do that with my next child to come. I need a job that will be supportive in bf sessions on my lunch break, maternity leave, insurance...

Favorite Answer

Check out the list linked below and see if any of these companies are near you.

Also, try small "family run" type businesses that might promote family values or even allow you to bring a young child to work.

I used to work for a veterinary hospital and one of the doctors had a baby, naturally (the brave woman), and she wore a shirt that had a covering so you couldn't see the baby or her breast. That was an all-female environment, except for me, but still everyone was fine with it. Find a job obviously away from the public, perhaps as an office manager for a business that does not handle many in-store customers, or some sort of clerical position. I'd go with something perhaps in the arts field because you will find very easy-going people to work with. Good luck!

Go back to school to become a nurse, office assistant.With my first child I couldn't produce milk after breastfeeding for 2 weeks and with my second I didn't produce milk at all. Are you going to let your child starve to death if you can't breastfeed?

You will have to get a new job. You should get a new job. Any employers that don't support a woman and her duties as a woman and mother don't need women on staff. Look for a new job.

Well you'd need a job that would let you take

time away from your work to feed your child.

Not many employers are going to be willing to

pay you to feed your child.

Probably a daycare center would be your best bet.

Since there are children already there. One more

won't make a big difference.

Not sure if there is a job or not that is just going to let you take a break to pump.

I worked w/ a girl that would pump during her bathroom breaks....

Good Luck

You definately need a new job. This is a heartless uncaring company that you work for now.

I think in India you will get a one which will support and fulfill your wishes

Good Luck ,I don't think any Co. will be that understanding for a whole year!!!!!

what is your education