Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationOther - Games & Recreation · 1 decade ago

Mongoose and Huffy mountain bike quality?

I've heard complaints (on internet reviews) that ever since Huffy bought out Mongoose, the Mongoose bikes have not been as good quality as before. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

anything you can buy at walmart is junk and will rust in a week

Well, I don't know for sure, but I used to assemble bikes at a major chain store, and Did Mongoose, Huffy, Roadmaster, etc. mainly cheaper brands. The main thing I noticed that made them cheap was the crappy gears. Mongoose had a higher end line of mountain bikes that had lighter frames and better gears, and I imagine that Huffy has eliminated the good gears and put some crappy ones on them. But like I said, this is just speculation on my part, an educated guess.

No it's not true. Mongoose traditionally was always a good brand (back in my day when dirt bike brands like Red Line, PK, Mongoose, Diamond Back were around.) Nothing has changed. Mongoose is still a good brand.

This is true ..... I bought a mongoose bike 2months ago and already I have rust all over the rims on the tires... I will NEVER buy another mongoose bike EVER again..

ps This is my second bike they replaced my first one for me for free well i had to pay shipping but once again i am still having the same problem!!!!

HUFY HAD A DAMN GOOD BRAND OF BKES SUPRIDED THAT MONGOOSE BOUGHT THEM OUT ETC, WHEN ANOTHER COMPANY BUYES ANOTHER THE BOTOM LINE IS COSTS, ETC, THEY WIL DO ANYTHING TOO CUT COSTS, ETC, AND THEERE BIGGEST THING IS EMPLOYESS WHOS MAKING WHAT IF YOU ARE MAKING BIG MONEY AT A COMPANY THEY HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE FOR PEANUTS, WHICH IN THIS CASE WEWRE HUFFY USED CERTAIN PARTS TOO MAKE THERE BIKES BETTER HOLD UP, MONGOOSE WILL USE CHEAPER PARTS, ETC, I WAS SUPRISED THE OTHER DAY TOO FIND OUT THAT BIKE TIRES ARE ONLY MADE IN CHINA NOW, NOT IN THE USA ANYMORE ETC, ANYWAYS, HUFFY HAD A DAMN GOOD BRAND BUT WITH MONGOSE THERE HERE GOES ANOTHER GOOD BRAND OUT THE DOOR LIKE HUFFY , WASS!!

my uncle has a bike from mongoose its a electric one he got two Weeks ago and it was pretty nice a mater of fact I'm trying to get one but ya there pretty nice

garbage tahts all i gotta say