What is the best way to fix a small bleach spot in a striped cotton shirt?

I was cleaning yesterday and splashed a little dot of bleach on my shirt. It is 100% cotton and it landed on one of the green stripes. Is there a quick and easy way to fix it without spending more money than the shirt is worth ($10). It is one of my favorite summer shirts. Thanks!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Once something's bleached, that's it. If you can match the color, maybe try and find a laundry pen that you could fill in the stripe with.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

been there, done that...so many times. There's not much you can do, unfortunately, but maybe try to match the bleach spot on other areas using a bleach pen. Did this to one of my favorite shirts and it came out pretty good.

• mandp
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You can try to find a permanent marker the same color green or get a pin or a badge to wear over it. I have spilled bleach on black pants before and used a black sharpie to cover it up. Good luck, hope you can find the right color

• 3 years ago

Pantone everlasting markers ( examine artist grant shops ) are available each which you could imagine coloration and can be utilized to repair "bleached" spots in fabric. fortunate for you, black isn't too troublesome of a coloration to examine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Re-buy the shirt.

• 1 decade ago

Go to fabric store and buy an applique which can be ironed or sewn on. Cover th spot.

• 1 decade ago

buy a new shirt just like it or hope no one will care or notice

• 1 decade ago

don't know!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.