What is the best way to fix a small bleach spot in a striped cotton shirt?

I was cleaning yesterday and splashed a little dot of bleach on my shirt. It is 100% cotton and it landed on one of the green stripes. Is there a quick and easy way to fix it without spending more money than the shirt is worth ($10). It is one of my favorite summer shirts. Thanks!

Best Answer

Once something's bleached, that's it. If you can match the color, maybe try and find a laundry pen that you could fill in the stripe with.

been there, done that...so many times. There's not much you can do, unfortunately, but maybe try to match the bleach spot on other areas using a bleach pen. Did this to one of my favorite shirts and it came out pretty good.

• mandp

You can try to find a permanent marker the same color green or get a pin or a badge to wear over it. I have spilled bleach on black pants before and used a black sharpie to cover it up. Good luck, hope you can find the right color

Pantone everlasting markers ( examine artist grant shops ) are available each which you could imagine coloration and can be utilized to repair "bleached" spots in fabric. fortunate for you, black isn't too troublesome of a coloration to examine.

Re-buy the shirt.

Go to fabric store and buy an applique which can be ironed or sewn on. Cover th spot.

buy a new shirt just like it or hope no one will care or notice

don't know!