Brandon R asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

i have a severly clogged ear with wax and water from getting kicked in the ear i need your solutions?

I WAS SWIMMING AND GOT KICKED IN THE EAR AND THE WATER IS TRAPPED INSIDE SOME DRAIND OUT BUT NOW I SEE A REDDISH BROWNISH COLOR AND I TRIED HYDROGYN PEROXIDE AND EAR DROPS I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP I AM GETTING FRUSTRATED!!!!

Favorite Answer

i think you need to see the dr. the reddish brown discharge could be blood the dr will drain the water and wax from your ear. dont put it off go right away

I got swimmers ear allot when I was a kid and my parents had a pool. This sounds dumb but it worked for me. When you can tell by the sea shell sound in our ear, that you have water in it, I would tilt my ear that had the water in it towards the ground and lift my opposite leg while hopping up and down on the other leg. While doing this, i would take the palm of my hand and hit myself in the head, above the ear and try to make the water bubble pop open. It usually always did, within a minute and would drain out all the way. I would then take a q-tip with allot of rubbing alcohol on it and let it drain in my ear to get rid of any left over water.

It stopped my swimmers ear infections allot.

DO NOT DO THIS WHEN THERE ARE CHICKS AROUND! LOL

The reddish brown color is probably a mix of wax, blood or infection.

I wouldn't hesitate making a Dr.'s appointment, especially if pain persists

Good luck

Reddish brown tinge indicates blood. You may have a semi-serious injury & may have made it worse. Do NOT do anything else....including using q-tips/cotton swabs. That could cause more damage because you don't know what's wrong with it in the first place. The ear (& eardrum) is a very sensitive body part....GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Example: My Mom has holes in her eardrums now. When she was little she would get bad earaches...my grandma & her tried taking matters into their own hands by using a remedy they were told. Put in sweet oil drops & laid on a warm (not hot) heating pad...her eardrums ended up bursting.

Try a few drops of baby oil and then the Water Hydrogen Peroxide

see a Dr,, try 3 drops peroxide 4 times a day after 3rd day buy a ear flush kit from the pharmacy use it if still no relief call the Dr,..

If hydrogen peroxide and ear drops didn't work, it's time to see the doctor.

Buy theese ear candle sat a drugstore and all you do is put the pointy part through a paperplate and put it in your ear and then lite the other side on fire for about 5min. each and it will suck everything out of your ear.

try 5 drops of alcohol. it dries the water up. If you still have pain go to doctor. the alcohol will not burn. i have chronic swimmers ear and this is what the specialist ordered

• Rjmail

Yuur family doctor can suck that right out, if the ear wax removal system (which you can buy at the supermarket) doesn't work.

please do not put ANYTHING in your ear call the clinic and make an emergency visit to their ER you may have a ruptured ear drum too serious to use home remedies.you do not want to be deaf do you or worse have an infection that will spread rapidly into your throat and sinus cavities.