How to fix a leaking Kohler Forté® single-control kitchen sink faucet?

I have a Kohler Forté® single-control kitchen sink faucet with sidespray and lever handle. It started leaking last week whenever I turn the cold water on. But it does not leak when I turn the hot water on.

Is there any way for me to fix it myself? or I have to replace the entire faucet? Thanks!

It should be a Kohler Coralais® single-control pullout spray kitchen sink faucet with color-matched sprayhead and lever handle faucet, not a Forté® single-control.

Favorite Answer

Turn of the hot & cold water. On the front of the handle is a plastic button that is removed with a knife. If you look under that cap, you will find a screw that holds the handle on. Use a hex head (allen) key to loosen and your handle will lift off. Unscrew the domed shaped cap underneath the handle. The cartridge will lift out. Put in a new cartridge.

Look at the PDF. Take note of which handle style you have. There are 2 different carts for this faucet, they are not interchangeable.

• redman

Kohler Faucet Leaking

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): fix leaking kohler fort single control kitchen sink faucet: https://shortly.im/eqJn0

Yes you can fix it yourself, what it is, is the seal in there is going bad, maybe just a small enough crack in in to allow the cold water to get threw, if you still have the paper work to it, it should show you a broken down view of the faucet, meaning all the components inside, if you don't there are books at the hardware store that will show you how to take one apart, you will have to remove the faucet from the sink to do this, i hate to say this but since you all ready have it out you can either go ahead and fix it or just replace it, i know it sucks. another thing about why it leaks under cold water and not hot is because the cold water is directly sent to your faucet unlike the hot water, let me tell you how it works, the main water line comes into your house, it branches off, one branch goes to the heater for the hot water to be made and the other goes strait to your faucets all over the house so there is more pressure from the cold than the hot. good luck with your project.

• ?

I've been married twice before, so I don't care if I don't marry again, but I won't say that I "won't" marry again...it's not a priority at all, but I would love to have someone to share my Life with... I've been single for a long time now (the better part of the past 11 yrs) so I'm comfortable with it just being me, if that's how the rest of my life goes...I have friends and family and interests, so it's never boring (but sometimes it gets lonely)...

Kohler Single Handle Faucet Repair