Is Cafepress.com one of the best businesses to go through as far as selling my stuff online?

I was looking into setting up an online store with cafepress.com, but wanted to know if anyone has had a horrific experience with them? Thanks for the help!

I was looking into setting up an online store with cafepress.com where i could create designs for t-shirts and have them printed up and sold, but wanted to know if anyone has had a horrific experience with them? Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

There is never a "best", there are only pros and cons.

There are many versions of PoD (print on demand) for shirts and such. Others are SpreadShirt, Zazzle, Mojo. But of all of them I would say that CafePress is one of the best FIRST places to do it.

A) The free shop is really free

B) the system for creating a shop and uploading designs is pretty easy to use

C) it gets the most net recognition in the most search services

D) the forums are a ton of help and other shopkeepers are willing to share their tips

E) it lets you play with the biggest variety of items and the pricing is good

F) all in all it covers the most areas and lets you really dive into it right away

On the other hand....

Other companys can have more styles of shirts in more colors, they might support bulk-orders in case a real-brick store wants a bunch of your designs, and some of the others have online customization so that visitors can make changes to your stuff on the fly then order it. However those places often lose you the "free", the ease, and the ability to order just one shirt. I consider them to be "move up" companies after you have proven that you can sell a thousand shirts in one order.

Cafepress is a goldmine for those who know how to use it. The important thing is that you have the ability to "create" your own products there. For instance, create a wall clock to match any theme you like. Just don't do any copyright infringement. You could make a wall clock to match a season, or sport. Maybe a certain popular pattern or maybe a family crest. Then, post it on ebay. Look around on ebay to see what's hot and selling. Create something to "go with" the trend or that matches.

For more great ideas and tips, join my new yahoo newsletter at:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheApple/

I have never sold anything with them, but I have bought quite a few items from them and they were very professional. timely service and no problems whatsoever

try craigslist.com or ebay

more lookers on the websites means a higher probable selling price

try www.spreadshirt.com, if u have designs for tshirts u can put them up on www.threadless.com and people will vote, if u win they'll sell your shirt

bizbuysell.com