Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I like the jib of your sail, to you who are real Christians,Who are you?

Is a real Christian one who does as Jesus did, or one who follows the traditions of a church that has adopted practices that have orirgins outside the scriptures?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

A true Christian follows the teachings of Jesus and examines the Old and New Testaments to determine the best way to do this.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I try to be a good example just as Jesus was. I fail everyday but I at least feel good about myself. I follow no man made teaching which is why I do not attend a Church yet where I moved 2 years ago because I have found none that make me feel like GOD dwells there.

• 1 decade ago

By definition, a "Christian" is a "little christ" (I.E. a little Jesus). The term was originally a slanderous name given to disciples of Jesus by the Greeks (Acts 11:26).

So a Christian would be someone who tried to be like Jesus in every way.

Jesus answered: "...If you love me, you will obey what I command. " (John 14:9 &15 (NIV))

• 1 decade ago

Christians are those who have accepted what Jesus did for us; namely he died to pay for our sins. When you accept Jesus, you are a born again Christian. We follow the scriptures.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I try to live by His word and be a good example for my children. Of course I make mistakes and sin,but I am only human.God Bless.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

an aside - a jib IS a sail.

The expression is "I like the cut of your jib".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The expression is, "I like the cut of your jib."

• 1 decade ago

Christian means Christ Like.

Jesus said if we love him we will keep HIS commandments....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.