Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I like the jib of your sail, to you who are real Christians,Who are you?

Is a real Christian one who does as Jesus did, or one who follows the traditions of a church that has adopted practices that have orirgins outside the scriptures?

• Favorite Answer

A true Christian follows the teachings of Jesus and examines the Old and New Testaments to determine the best way to do this.

I try to be a good example just as Jesus was. I fail everyday but I at least feel good about myself. I follow no man made teaching which is why I do not attend a Church yet where I moved 2 years ago because I have found none that make me feel like GOD dwells there.

By definition, a "Christian" is a "little christ" (I.E. a little Jesus). The term was originally a slanderous name given to disciples of Jesus by the Greeks (Acts 11:26).

So a Christian would be someone who tried to be like Jesus in every way.

Jesus answered: "...If you love me, you will obey what I command. " (John 14:9 &15 (NIV))

Christians are those who have accepted what Jesus did for us; namely he died to pay for our sins. When you accept Jesus, you are a born again Christian. We follow the scriptures.

I try to live by His word and be a good example for my children. Of course I make mistakes and sin,but I am only human.God Bless.

an aside - a jib IS a sail.

The expression is "I like the cut of your jib".

The expression is, "I like the cut of your jib."

Christian means Christ Like.

Jesus said if we love him we will keep HIS commandments....