Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 1 decade ago

How hot does it get in Austin Texas?

I will be moving to Austin, Texas soon and wanted to know what the annual average temperature is. Is it humid there?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hey, that's great. You'll like it here. There's so many things to do, so many great restaurants, a lake, trails, the capitol building, and the longhorns (Hook 'em!). Anyway, most of April, May, October, and all of June, July, August, and September you have to run the a/c. For spring-fall, the average high is 85. But it gets down into the 70s during the night even during the middle of summer. There are always ways to beat the heat (There are a ton of pools). It is humid in every season except winter, making it feel hotter than it actully is. But the humidity is not as high as most of the South. It can get above 110, but that has only happened a few times. During the so-called winter, it gets into the 60s on average and drops to the upper 40s. It freezes about 10 times a winter though, and we occasionally get ice and very rarely 1/8 inch of snow. It can be warm in winter (we had to run the a/c when it got to 91 in January), but only for a day or two. Hope this helped!

Source(s): I have lived in Austin for almost 9 years
  • 1 decade ago

It is very hot here. I've been in Texas most of my life, Austin the past 4 years. It's not as humid as Houston, but it can get quite humid. Summers are routinely in the 90s. But it's a nice town. I like it here.

• 1 decade ago

Average temp is probably high 70's...doesnt get very cold in the winter at all in the summer several days are spent with temperatures reaching over 100 in the shade. Also, during the summer the heat indexes(how hot it feels) can reach up to like 110. It's very humid, yes.

Source(s): Me(Texas man)
  • 3 years ago

I'm interested in this

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lissa
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Richard Parker and David Williams asked the same question. You should see their answers side by side.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

too damn hot but it's alot of fun there

Source(s): Go Longhorns !
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.