new x-men series?

I just started reading the "new x-men" storyline of comics, can anyone give me some information on the plot of this storyline?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

"New X-Men" is a title that's actually been given to two very different series, "New X-Men" and "New X-Men: Academy X."

New X-Men was written by Grant Morrison for over 3 years. Morrison's run on the book features Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Beast, Xorn, and Professor X. In it, the X-Men (kind of) abandon their "superhero" image and focusing on running Xavier's school. Without spoiling too much for you, some of the subplots that run through the book are a love triangle between Cyclops, Jean, and Emma, Wolverine learning more about his past, the Beast dealing with a strange new mutation, Jean growing frighteningly powerful, and Professor X building an international organization to help mutants. It's got a lot of great character writing, quirky humor and a lot of cool sci-fi bits as well. A highly recommended read, and a good follow-up to this would be Astonishing X-Men.

New X-Men: Academy X is a book about the younger students at Xavier's school. It features mostly all-new characters created by Nunzio DeFellipis and Christina Weir. Before you start this book, you should read New Mutants (the 13 issue book which began in 2003, not the one from the 1980's). This book focuses on the students learning to control their powers, forming friendships, falling in love, etc. and is also a pretty good read.

• 3 years ago

I agree that Joss Whedon has kinda redeemed the X-adult males with suggestions from thoroughly ignoring all that previous crap that ask your self has positioned out. Joss is going lower back to fundamentals to what made the X-adult males this kind of kick azz sequence. And he shows recognize for previous X-adult males scribes like Chris Claremont. even if, my own fave will continually be the former Uncanny X-adult males sequence at the same time as Chris Claremont wrote them. The writers at present nonetheless can't come on the threshold of his darkish Phoenix Saga, Days of destiny previous Saga, the Brood storyline, the Mutant massacre, and so on. You rock, Chris!

• 1 decade ago

White Queen is a tramp.

Scott Summers has comitment problems.

He left his first wife.

Then he cheated on his second wife with Emma.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.