What does vegemite taste like?

Any preferred methods to prepare it? or should I save my money.

Best Answer

It tastes like fermented yeast that have died and puked. I tried it as a psychology experiment, so I recommend you try it, spread it on some melba toast, but if you don't like it, don't be surprised.

• Paul5 years agoReport

Luv it, but if you did not grow up on it, vegemite probably wont taste good.

• israr

Vegemite Taste

The taste reminds me of all the tears I cried after my father would beat me with a pillow case full of bars of soap... Salty. All in all, 8/10 would try again.

it's my soul food when I'm not feeling up to snuff Vegemite on Toast wonderful

Imagine sucking on a rusty nail that's been soaking in salt water for a year... actually it's not as good as that!

Blech!

It has a taste kind of like the aftertaste in your mouth after you've taken a multivitamin. It's definitely an aquired taste, and not easily aquired at that!

If you really want to experience the british influence, you're much better off with a cuppa and some biscuits!

It tastes like salty snot mixed with soy sauce. Oh come off it, man, you've swallowed you're own snot.............admit it.

It is excessively salty, so if you are going to eat it, eat it with something else. Good on sandwiches, but you should put other stuff on it: Tomatoes are good, cheese, mayonaise... Or toast it with cheese and a non salty meat. I like it on a toasted turkey sandwich with swiss.

just dont taste it, save yourself!!

If you have never tasted it, and you are already an adult....you will most likely never like it. It is salty beyond belief and just horrible. Most people who like it, are introduced to as a child and learn to like it.