promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

What does APB stand for?

I hear on television law, and police shows that they have an APB out on someone they are looking for to arrest. What does APB stand for? and What does it mean exactly?

Thanks

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All Points Bulletin. It's a directive to all units in receipt of the message to be looking for someone or something.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

What Does Apb Stand For

• 3 years ago

Apb Acronym

• 1 decade ago

All Points Bulletin.

An All Points Bulletin (APB) is a broadcast issued to several law enforcement agencies, containing information about a wanted suspect who is to be arrested or a person of interest for whom law enforcement officers are to look. As used by police, the term dates to at least 1960 [1]. An all-points bulletin can also be known as a BOLO, which stands for "be on the lookout".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As everyone else has pointed out, APB is an all points bulletin. However, to the best of my knowledge this is only used on TV and in the movies. At least, I've never heard it used anywhere I've ever worked. In real life police officers use either the acronym "BOLO" (Be on the look out) or "BOLF" (Be on the lookout for).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All Points Bulletin

• 1 decade ago

All points bulletin (APB) means that every police station (point) in a given area will receive the alert

• 1 decade ago

I think it means All Points Bulletin...not sure exactly what that means...I think it means that everyone in the LE business needs to be on alert for whatever the APB is about...or something like that...

• 1 decade ago

All Points Bulletin.

• 1 decade ago

All Points Bulletin.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.