Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Who likes song "Blue Velvet" by Bobby Vinton?

I Heard that years later...decades later it also was hit in England.

Is this true?

I like the song.

I remember when it was on radio ...top ten radio....on the AM dial

in 1963

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Vinton

excerpt

After a brief spell in the US Army, Bobby was signed to Epic records in 1960 as a bandleader: "A Young Man With a Big Band." Two albums and several singles were not successful however, and with Epic ready to pull the plug, Vinton found his first hit single literally sitting in a reject pile. The song was titled "Roses are Red (My Love)." It spent three weeks at No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Arguably his most famous song is 1963's "Blue Velvet" that also went to No.1. 23 years later, when David Lynch named his movie Blue Velvet after this song. In 1964, Vinton had two No.1 hits, "There! I've Said It Again" and "Mr. Lonely", the latter now being the basis for Akon's hit "Lonely."

Mac the Knife...Bobby Darrin

• Paul P
    Favorite Answer

It was an ok song, typical of the music that was around in the early '60's, The music "died" in '59 when we lost Buddy, Richie & the Bopper; Elvis was in the Army and would never regain his edge; R & B had yet to morph into soul and gain widespread airplay; and surf music was stuck in the sand. Just about all we had were the teen idols, Bobby Vinton, Darren, Vee, Rydell, Paul Anka,and a bunch of Elvis wannabees (oh and some welcome relief from Phil Spector's Wall of Sound productions).. So Blue Velvet wasn't so bad.

• Buck

Damn you. You' ve brought back my favorite memories of the sixties. Now I've got to go out and find a Bobby Vinton CD or I won't be able to sleep nights, because anytime I was restless at night and couldn't sleep I'd play Bobby Vinton soft and low and it would lull me to sleep

YES!!!

"Blue Velvet" is one of the very earliest songs I can recall from my childhood, pre-Beatles.

It is one of the most beautiful love ballads of all time, and if I EVER get remarried, it is at the very TOP of my "list" of songs to be played!

Bobby Vinton had LOTS of hits back in the '60s. "Please Love Me Forever", "I Love How You Love Me", and, of course, "Mr. Lonely" are but a few of my favorites. But "Blue Velvet" is my ALL-TIME favorite!!!!

I like the song. They used this song as the theme song in the early 80's for this one movie. But I can't remembe the name of the movie anymore. But that is how I learned of the song.

I like the song, Blue Velvet. I remember listening to it when I was a kid.

• oldman

Yes, I listen to it frequently. I have several copies of it, different albums, different medias. It was the theme song for one of the Senior proms I attended.

yes

i remember it well, and mr lonely. did he also do one called blue on blue (heartache to heartache......)? do you remember who did mac the knife?

ya, love it... i still sing it every now and then for no apparent reason... it just pops out of my head

not me