Has anyone noticed that the sound level increases when a commercial comes on television?

It strikes me as intrusive and insensitive to the listener to pull a "bait and switch" like this to lure people into buying a product. The commercials are recorded at a higher decibel than the show, and I have to turn the volume down to ward off the intense sound of the commercial. It's bad enough... show more It strikes me as intrusive and insensitive to the listener to pull a "bait and switch" like this to lure people into buying a product. The commercials are recorded at a higher decibel than the show, and I have to turn the volume down to ward off the intense sound of the commercial. It's bad enough that the ratio of programming to commercials is ever decreasing, and instead of entertainment or information, one becomes an unwitting pawn of rampant consumerism. Who's buying this crap anyway? Apparently, the ploy is working. What else are we being duped into by the renegade corporate state? When will enough be enough?