thinkGREEN asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

I have violent outbursts...?

What can I do so I don't have them???

It is physical, I break stuff and I don't want to go to a head shrinker

And i'm not taking pills. they are bad for you and change one thing good, but other things negatively

Favorite Answer

Are they physical or verbal? Though the answer may not make much of a difference in terms of where to start working on your anger...the implications of either can have serious if not deadly repercusions such as assaults and or jail time.. the important thing is that you are aware of it and want to do something about it. I teach Anger Management in prisons and though I've pretty much seen the mundane to the absolute nightmare that is rage unchecked... it is very important to 1. Not beat yourself up about how you've reacted to others because we can not change what has already happened in our past however we can absolutely attempt to command our future specifically how we respond to stressful stimuli and different personalities on a daily basis... I don't mean to write a book but I would like to make a suggestion. There is a facilitator by the name of James Beard, he works with ex-offenders who have anger issues... his teachings are real life based, informative and extremely adapatable over a wide ranged population. Do some research online and in librarires to see what you can get on him.

Please understand that we all respond to stress based on what we were exposed to growing up, sometimes emulating our parents coping skills.... which may not have been coping at all. The biggest part of the battle is learning to "UNthink negative patterns"... we all have something called "Trigger Thoughts".. simply put we think about what we hear, see, touch, taste and feel based on our assumptions ..."what we think"... ! Here's an example: (Your neighbor walks by you one morning and doens't respond to you saying Good Morning to him or her) Joe may have immediately taken offense to the disrespect and started gossiping to others ab out how the neighbor was a snob and not good friend anyway... cursed him out and rolled his eyes. Matthew may have simply repeated the greating a little louder and asked his neighbor if everything was okay... the neighbor may respond that he just lost a close friend, and he hasn't been himself all week also apologizes for being rude. Do you see the difference... it is how each person viewed and thought about the situation that affected their response and ultimately the outcome.... GEEEEEEZZZ I'm sorry I don't mean to write a book. If you would like to learn more just let me know... I would be happy to help. There is a book called "When anger hursts" that is an excellent read on how to reduce anger. Best of wishes to you and I really didn't mean to be long winded but if anything here helps then maybe I'm forgiven...

You don't need to go to a "head shrinker" to deal with violent outbursts, but there are some fabulous anger management groups out there, depending where you are. These groups don't try to change who you are, only help you deal and manage your emotions. Some people have biological tendancies toward violent behaviour, and need to learn and adapt.

• razny

Oh, i'm so sorry to take heed to approximately your daughter... it quite is so unhappy that the docs have messed together with her physique chemistry that lots. There has surely been some extra moderen examine that shows trouble-free Fish Oil can help those with ADHD. i exchange right into somewhat shocked to locate this out (it looked too trouble-free), yet after i assumed approximately it, I wasn't that shocked (because of the fact Fish Oil has been prevalent for an prolonged time to help with concepts wellness and progression). in my view, i could truthfully follow the developmental expert and supply her an excellent dose of Fish Oil (that's quite helpful to double verify with a doctor to locate the proper dose for his case). even however you ought to probable communicate it with a holistic doctor, and that they could produce different added recommendations accessible to them. good success!

Join an anger management group

Anger management classes might help..if you call your local Department of Social Services they should be able to point you in the right direction. Therapy might also help...they can give you exercises to do and strategies to control your anger.

good luck!! :)

Whenever this happens you need to find someone you can trust and confide in, admit what you did, take responsibility for it and allow that person to punish you with a good butt beating.

Check your blood sugar levels. Have you considered the possiblity that you could be suffering from reactive hypoglycemia? I think it is one of the most misunderstood and underdiagnosed conditions ever.

Go to therapy for help. When you feel one coming on count to ten and breath in and out deeply. You need to find the root of your anger and pull it out of your mind.

outbursts of what?

Sounds like it could be Tourette's syndrome- look on the interent to learn about it.

try holistic-online.com. try walking it off. listen to positive music. jam on a guitar. pray. have sex. sing real loud. volunteer. u may need to take pills. if not try chamomile tea. it soothes the nerves. call 1-800 273 talk