why did pee-wee herman go to jail??

Best Answer

Paul Rueubens, a k a "Pee Wee Herman", was arrested July 26 1991 for jerking off at the South Trail Cinema, an XXX theatre. [Editor's note: one wonders whether that should even be a crime at all.] Reubens paid a $50 fine and did various and sundry community services. Children's television will never be the same.

• stelly

Pee Wee Herman Arrested

• fanter

Pee Wee Herman Scandal

On July 26, 1991, Reubens was arrested in Sarasota, Florida, for allegedly masturbating during a screening of "Nancy Nurse" in an adult movie theater. The news media went into a frenzy and the scandal marked the near-death of the character "Pee-wee Herman," reducing both the actor and the persona to a cruel punchline. Although the series Pee-wee's Playhouse had already ended by that time, CBS reacted by dropping its reruns from their lineup. Reubens made a deal with the Sarasota County court: in exchange for a fine and a few public service announcements, he was given a clean record.

Reubens appeared as Pee-wee for the last time in the September 5, 1991, MTV Video Music Awards, where he was given a standing ovation when Pee-wee asked the audience, "Heard any good jokes lately?"

Source(s): Reubens was arrested again in 2002 in connection with an investigation involving child pornography, which coincided with an unrelated child pornography case involving actor Jeffrey Jones. Public news stories concerning his case cast doubt upon the suggestion that Reubens intentionally acquired child pornography, as he stated that he was a collector of "erotic artwork" and that he had a sizable collection of vintage erotica with samples dating back to the 18th century. On March 22, 2004, child pornography charges against him were dropped after he pleaded guilty to a separate "misdemeanor obscenity" charge. According to NNDB.com, "The DA waited 364 days (one day before the statute of limitations would have run out) and then alleged that some of it was 'child pornography' -- decades-old physique poses, old art photos, and yellowed nudist magazines. Some of the nude photos were of minors -- when the pictures were taken, but most of the models would have been dead of old age before Reubens was born. All of the photos, Reubens maintained, were legal when they were first published. Again, though, he settled. The charges were reduced to 'obscenity', and Reubens pleaded guilty and paid a $100 fine in exchange for probation." [1] Said Reubens: "Personally, I think we're living in a very scary time. Do we let the legal system decide in a courtroom what's obscene and what's not obscene? I didn't want to be in a situation where there was a possibility I could go to jail... I mean, that just seemed insane to me." "One thing I want to make very, very clear, I don't want anyone for one second to think that I am titillated by images of children. It's not me. You can say lots of things about me. And you might. The public may think I'm weird. They may think I'm crazy or anything that anyone wants to think about me. That's all fine. As long as one of the things you're not thinking about me is that I'm a pedophile. Because that's not true."

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why did pee-wee herman go to jail??

Source(s): pee wee herman jail: https://shortly.im/2iDsf

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/K39pY

He wasn't in jail for long. The reason why he was in prison was because he pulled out his "pee wee" and started masturbating while watching a porn flick in a theatre. He still acts every so often, but now he goes my his real name, Paul Reubens.

he ate 500 people in a stew pot with onions and carrots then he caused the Jonestown massacre the Cambodian genocide the Nazi holacoust all of Stalins purges and all the Mafia hits he was with Bony and Clyde Ted Bundy John Wayne Gacy and he was jack the ripper too! He also is a Vampire and Werewolf and a Witch he casts spells and makes the crops go bad! he has horns and a pontied tail and is the son of the Devil!

Hey I am here for the first time. I came across this question and I find the answers truly valuable. I hope to give something back to the community and assist others too.

Uh, to put it politely, he was caught playin' with the wrong toy in an adult movie theater.

choked his chicken in a porn theater ( you know, where dudes and chicks, 'mostly dudes',sit like at a real theater but its porn but they dont let you masturbate) ......why would they create a porn theater and not be able to jack-off! in public might i add! it is dark im guessing.

the show was kind of koo though.