What is your favorite memory of your grandfather or grandmother?

My favorite memory of my Grandfather is sitting on his lap in a rocker on the front porch and listening to him tell me stories inwhich he made me a character. I have very vague memories of my grandmother. I just know she made me feel like I was important.

Favorite Answer

My granparents used to own a little "mom and pop" type bakery in a small town in Ohio. I remember going there and walking in the back amongst machinery bigger than I was. Watching my grandfather make big beautiful wedding cakes from the viewpoint of my little eyes barely big enough to see the countertop. He'd make those icing flowers and let me eat some. I can still smell the sweet fragrance of the bakery now.

There are so many of my grandfather. He died when I was in high school. But my favorite is the time he let us play in his workshop. He was a cabinet maker and had a power table saw. I just loved playing in the sawdust. He would always come by our house and if we asked, he would do his best to get permissio to take us home with him.........we had such fun at his house.

My grandmother always had sugar cookies made for us when we came to visit. She always made them in a pan and cut them into cookies after they were done.

My grandmother had a quilt made from patches of cloth from clothing from the whole family. Whenever I would lie down for a nap, I would pick a square and she would tell me a story about the article of clothing it came from and the person who wore it. I got a naptime story and a history of my family in one shot. I am a grandma now and I still miss her.

I never met my grandfather but if I had I would of loved him.My favorite memory of my grandmother is the way she looked..She was beautiful,and she always held me in her arms and hugged me.She passed away 5 years ago with cancer.

I miss my Grandpa too...I knew only one He was a Boxer in the Army back in his day..He Boxed Max Bear!!! His last name was Bacon so they called him the Ham Bone..And Max beat him good too..He use to always tell us that story and my brother has a Picture of him and Max after the Fight...Grandpa was not looking so good I must say He was always a strong man and he died it took a long time for me to get over it because he was very much a big part in my life... Here is to all the grandpas that will never be forgotten!! IN PEACE I Pray they all are!!

Actually, my step-father's Mother. She was the only Grandmother I ever knew. She was Irish-Catholic and made corned beef and cabbage every Sunday that I can remember. Also, when she was on her sick bed she had me come over and read the Bible to her, and help her do her Rosary Beads, moving them as she said each of her prayers.

my grandfather would tell the funnist storys. he could make u laugh even when u thought u could laugh no more. i just loved so much but then he died so now i wont get to hear anymore of his storys and im really sad about that. his kids can tell them yes but not like he could.

my favorite memory of my grandmother was she would always like me come and stay with her and go to church with her , and always give me what i wanted , and my grandfather only that he would come and get me and take me any where i wanted to go when i didn't have a ride and always couldn't never say my husband name right

Being at the cafe with my grandad , while he played chess with his friends ... ¡ they used to talk about amazing things ! And of course I learned a lot from them...

When my great grandma use to pinch the heck out of us when we were acting up.