Can they sue their slumlord?

i have a cuple friends who just moved into a rental house they paid rent and deposit and signed a lease. nowhere in the lease did it say the landlord doesnt do repairs, but after they moved in they called the gas company and the gas company told them they would send someone out. when the guy got there hr told... show more i have a cuple friends who just moved into a rental house they paid rent and deposit and signed a lease. nowhere in the lease did it say the landlord doesnt do repairs, but after they moved in they called the gas company and the gas company told them they would send someone out. when the guy got there hr told him that he assumed the repairs had been done, that he could not turn the gas on because there cuts all over the lines in the house. he told them that the landlord is well aware. when they called the landlord he said "i dont do maintenance" he said if they wanted gas they would have to replace all the lines. They did not pay rent this month because they told him they were going to move and he told them if they did they would not get their deposit back. Is there anything they can do in Missouri
7 answers 7