how many tries did it take before thomas edison invented the light bulb?

I need a link if possible. I'm asking how many tests failed before he got it to work.

Mainly I have heard that it was 10,000 times. can anyone find a link that actually says that he had 10,000 prototypes or tests?

• Sir J
    Best Answer

Sir Joseph Swan invented the light bulb.

Thomas Edison and Louis Lattimer invented the U.S. version of the light bulb together. but Lattimer did not get the credit.

Anyway, they had more than 10,000 prototypes. I will add the link in a moment.

• tatis

Thomas Edison Light Bulb Tries

Edison never attempted to in vent the light bulb. It was invented before he was born. So the correct answer to the question is Zero.

i heard once in a movie (national treasure) thomas edison failed 1000 times making the first light bulb, when he was told this he simply replied, i never failed, I just discovered 1000 ways not to make a light bulb

It took Thomas Edison 10,000 to succeed meaning that he has known to do it 10,000 ways.

10000 and 1

hey its perhaps a 1000 or 3000 or 10,000 or 30,000 times check the link

http://www.thomasedison.com/brockton.htm

plz gimme the 10 pnts i spared my 30 mins for this

he went thru about 130 different tests for a filament before he got it to work.

I was studied as he tried aproxi. 1000 times.