which is a better furniture manufacturer, Ethan Allen or Thomasville? Im looking to buy a formal dinning room?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of the ones mentioned, all are pretty much the same. I think in the final analysis, you will have to pick based on the set that you like the best and can afford.

I don't know about the others but Ethan Allen has about four sales a year and if you time it right, you can be what you want at a better price.

Our Ethan Allen dining room set is 35 years old and still looks great!

• Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Most furniture is over priced for what you get. Which is why my wife and I opted to put money into a shop so I could build our own. But I don't think you are in that position. If you plan on staying put and will take it with you when you move then I'd look for sales at Macy's for sofas and chairs. For tables I'd check out IKEA etc. Look for solid wood (plywood is ok but not particle or MDF). Another place to look is Ethan Allen when they have sales as you can get a break on high end goods. And you can find some things at COSTCO. Look for well made joints etc. Expect to pay a little more but quality will last. The other option is to look in second hand stores, sometimes you can find an older quality piece. Watch out for antique stores if you don't know antiques as you can get taken. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Ethan Allen, pricier too.

• 1 decade ago

I own both and have used both manufacturers on projects. They are equally well-built, durable and well respected manufactuers. I have never had a service or product problem with either. And, neither offers reciprocation to the trade.

Source(s): 30 years experience in interior design
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I prefer Amish Haus. All hand built with classic woodworking techniques. will last several lifetimes. Not like this mass manufactured crap

• 1 decade ago

I second the Amish made. Great quality with uniqueness and will last for generations.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they both have good quality stuff

• 1 decade ago

thomasville for sure

• clair
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

ikea

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.