wiseonekms asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What is the best deal that the Astros can make to get Miguel Tejada?

Miguel Tejada is reportedly on the trade block, and the Astros are very much interested. Some players the Astros have considered giving up in exchange for Tejada include: Adam Everett, Brad Lidge, Fernando Nieve, Jason Hirsh and Hunter Pence. What's the best combination that will get them Tejada without forfeiting their entire future?

Favorite Answer

Orioles want young pitching, so the Astros will have to give some of that up to get tejada...I think the Orioles should have a fire sale because there plan hasn't worked

to all you people who keep saying the astros would have to give up berkman, you couldn't be more wrong. First off if I'm the O's I don't do a deal for a guy like Tejeda with the Astros---I do it with a team that has at least an average farm system. The Astros are empty. But if they do a deal with them...the Orioles will ask for pitcher Troy Patton---the team's best prospect if you ask me, their second best prospect, outfielder Hunter Pence---who I think along with Patton is excellent, and whoever posed the question you're probably right about nieve unless they add taylor buchholz instead. So unless the O's get pence and patton I'd hope they go to maybe a team like the twins who have excellent young pitching with guys like matt garza, glen perkins, anthony swarzak, the injured jay rainville, scott baker, boof bonser, etc.

oh and of course adam everett will most likely be involved or possibly chris burke.

The would never give up Berkman.

Most likely they would have to put together a few good players and prospects. The most important ingredient is salary. Baltimore will want guys who can play in the major right now but don't cost a lot.

The O's aren't giving up Tejada!

u guys baltimore isnt giving up tejada yet!!! the white sox tried desperately to get him last year and we offered them our best prospect in brandon mccarthy and they turned it down maybe in the offseason cuz they aint givin thie best player up now

the Astros sealed their fate when they got rid of Scott Ellarton.

Orioles want young pitching

They will have to give up either Lamb or Berkman, or at the worst Biggio