If God is omnipotent, why do children get leukemia?

And please spare me the "mysterious ways" cr*p.

Best Answer

Well, if god is omnipotent, why do people have to confess their sins? Shouldn't he know them already? I guess I understand your question, but I don't know the answer. If you ever find out, let me know.

God does not give them leukemia , satan does , he is the prince of the power of the air and is loose to kill and destroy . Be careful what you speak , you will be judged by every idle word you say . Matthew 12:36-37 , There is a better place waiting for them , so He is a merciful God as well . I wouldn't want my children growing up in this messed up world . God bless you and your family . John 14:6 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved .

Source(s): NKJV

I am an adult and I have Leukemia (read about it on my 360) and I have been around children with it when I go for treatments. I used to ask God "Why?" but I dont anymore. If bad things only happened to bad people, no one would care. Most of the mind power that man has goes to trying to improve life. Why would we want to learn so much if life was just peachy for everyone who was just a decent person?

Im not thankful that children get such diseases but when I have laid there on many occasions recieving chemo or getting ready for a spinal tap and I see a little boy with no hair and a feeding tube in his nose sitting on the floor playing with his Matchbox cars and enjoying life inspite of the cancer, it gives me encouragement to keep going.

Leukemia and God - are two completely different things. Its written in Geeta and in Buddhist philosophy - if you have a body, you must also be ready for the pains that come with the body. That's God's will. if you please.

If you dont want pain and suffering, the only way is not to live at all. Good and bad are intermingled, relative, and it is unwise to pick only the bad, and say that God does not exist.

Just think about it, if we never got sick what would be the whole point in believing in any Religion, we would never have to talk to our God. These different sicknesses also open up jobs so even though I'm not saying that people should get sick but we just have to because there are blessing through everything! God does have all power and if you'd take time to believe in Him instead of the negativity you might find out, but you must have faith.. You can't say "God heal me" and at the same time be thinking that he's not going to do it, because you're right he's not.. He does not have to "prove" you wrong... you have to believe!

• Lisa

Do you know the definition of omnipotent?

It does not mean "sparing children from cancer".

Bad things happen. It's not God's fault, it's the devil's fault.

I have often asked the same question, the only answer I get is because God wants us to trust in him for a healing for his glory. There is a lot of pain in this world, we always ask why does God allow it, perhaps we will never know. That is my number 1 question I plan on asking him when I get to heaven.

Because he likes torturing children.

God's not omnipotent, he's impotent.

Source(s): King James Holy Bible